Welcome to HmongZa.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing topics, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

What does this sentence mean?

29 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Hmmmm..... I don't follow rap, so I'll have to let the war songs go, I guess. I've come across a few love songs that are good, but I'll leave the mushy, pink ones for other people. I can't listen to "I love you, baby. I miss you, sweetie. I love you, honey. Why aren't you here with me?" very many times before it gets nauseating. But perhaps that is just me.... (Of course, there are also hymns about LOVE and those are a different category altogether. "Love Divine, all Loves Excelling," "The King of Love My Shepherd Is," etc. I could listen to those all day... but I don't suppose I'll find much on youtube in that vein. Oh well, maybe I'll stick to my Hmoob song book a little longer.)

Thanks for the explanation on "na" as well!

You're most welcome, my friend. That's what friends are for...hehhehe....

Yes, some of the love songs are so draining...I understood so well.

Posted · Report post

yog yuav hais li taumntev hais xwb tiag mas....ntshe yuav yog lwmtiam lawm xwb laud.

Dab--ghost

caj dab--gutter ghost ....LOLz

dab tsho--ghost shirt....LOLz

dab npua--ghost trunk....LOLz

dab taw--ghost ankle....LOLz

dab tsi--ghost what

dab tes--ghost wrist :215ad82f::215ad82f::058e8b09::6184ceba:

and etc..... one cannot just take out one specific word into its meaning alone...due to the shortcoming of hmong language (words).

Txhob hais LWM TIAM mas tsis muaj lwm tiam lawm, tiam no xwb.

Posted · Report post

Kuv pom question no lawm: "Koj yog twg nas?" Tiamsis kuv tsis paub qhov no txhais li cas. For a second it looked to me like it meant "Which mouse are you?" but that didn't make any sense! (Besides, kuv xav tias that would be "Koj yog nas twg?"!) The only other theory I could come up with is that "nas"="mas" and the question meant "Who are you?" I'm sure this is a common expression, but I don't understand it yet xwb. Es question no txhais li cas?

"Koj yog twg na?" yog hais lus tubgeeg. Hais lus nquag yog "Koj yog leejtwg na?"

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...