Hmong/Moob last names...

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

joot

joot

• Members
  • 37 posts
Neutral
What is the history behind the Hmong people's last name?  Why do we have 18 last names...?

Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

View Postjoot, on Aug 8 2009, 09:23 PM, said:

What is the history behind the Hmong people's last name?  Why do we have 18 last names...?

Hello  my friend=  "joot",

It's good question,   why don't you just go direction to ask those people who work at the 18 last names office it's a better idea.

joot

joot

• Members
  • 37 posts
Neutral
I was hoping we have some educated and smart people in here...

Tub Soj Ntsuam

Tub Soj Ntsuam

"With a clever mind many rewards come running"

• Members
  • 3,357 posts
Good

View Postjoot, on Aug 8 2009, 04:23 PM, said:

Joot,

"Haven't you heard the story" I thought you did!!  :lol: :lol:   Anyway, the hmong abc book store might have your answer.  :)

Koobpheej

Koobpheej

Neeg Nruab Nrab

• Senior Consultant
  • 8,214 posts
Excellent

Hello Joot,

Posted Image

First of all, are you Hmong?

- Listen to this audio and you will know.

But there still a confusion about Hmong last name.

- I think you are asking in the wrong section. You should have asked in the History section:

http://www.hmongza.c...hp?showforum=37

:)

View Postjoot, on Aug 8 2009, 09:23 PM, said:

What is the history behind the Hmong people's last name? Why do we have 18 last names...?

Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests
after the chinese conquered the hmong, they divided the hmong into villages and sent leaders to "lead" them.  so here how they did.  they sent a Vang guy to a village, sent a Yang guy to a different village, sent a Lee guy to another village - you get the point here. They sent each of these so called "leaders" out to manage those villagers.   therefore, each time hmong people meet some where, they always asked "which village are you from?" and the other person will said, "oh I'm from Yang's village."  and so that was how we got our last names. you know whoever live in that village used their leader's name as their last name.

Koobpheej

Koobpheej

Neeg Nruab Nrab

• Senior Consultant
  • 8,214 posts
Excellent
What you're saying can be right.

-  But the question is:

How did the Hmong 12 last names split into 18?

Or:

It is 9 last name split into 18?

If, it is true that Hmong have 9 last names and split it into 18 last name.  Then it match the history of Hmong called "Xeem Xais" (Xeng Xai).  And the Chinese history "King Chiyou" (Vaj Txivyawg) who have/lead 9 clan/group of people.

In the Hmong history of Xeng Xai told that there was a king who have 9 kids.  And these 9 kids, six kids was born with each different mother, and the last three kids was born with/by a/one mother.

If this is all true and match, then the year for King Chiyou about 5,000 B.C are all wrong.  It is a idea to brain wash the Hmong, so we lost and can't trace our own history.

In our Hmong year after the Great Flood or the "Flood of the World," it only has been 3,000 years.

All of these years in a breaking into this:

2,000 years for Jesus Christ.

2,500 years for Buddha (Phabphuvthojcaub).

-  And the missing 500 years is for the Hmong, that is when we (Hmong) lost our power.

-  And that is when the King Xeng Xai give his power to the Buddha and that starting from then.

All of these saying is done by a research of all of Hmong history and prophecy.  And the end the puzzle seem like it match, and the Chinese history about King Chiyou 5,000 B.C were all wrong in date/time.

In the Hmong history, Mongolia was our homeland, that is where our ancestors came from.

Maybe we (Mongol) were in mix with the Han, like this:

Han + Mongol = Hmong

In our Hmong history, we, the Hmong Daw (Dawb) do believe that Hmong Leng (Lees) are our ancestor.  And they are called "Mong," not "Hmong."

In our Hmong history, the Chinese (Han) are (were) hatred us so much (they even have a statue saying that they will step in us 'hmong' forever).  But in Chinese history, the nation they hatred the most is Mongol.

Believe it or not, but we all can see that in the Chinese movie or drama.

But, maybe, we are the father of Mongol and the mother of Han.  So, in the end, both of these nation (Chinese and Mongol) can not accept us, like we are the mixing people (menyuam TSAUB).  That's how Hmong are/like, we hatred the mixing kind.

Sorry for all of my grammar, I'm not that good in English.

Anyone, who read this, believe it or not, you will have to do all the research like me to know.  But to me, I believe in Hmong first, then the others later.

Peace,

View PostGuest, on Sep 20 2009, 01:00 PM, said:

after the chinese conquered the hmong, they divided the hmong into villages and sent leaders to "lead" them.  so here how they did.  they sent a Vang guy to a village, sent a Yang guy to a different village, sent a Lee guy to another village - you get the point here. They sent each of these so called "leaders" out to manage those villagers.   therefore, each time hmong people meet some where, they always asked "which village are you from?" and the other person will said, "oh I'm from Yang's village."  and so that was how we got our last names. you know whoever live in that village used their leader's name as their last name.

Tub Soj Ntsuam

Tub Soj Ntsuam

• Members
  • 3,357 posts
Good

View PostKoobpheej, on Sep 20 2009, 12:48 PM, said:

What you're saying can be right.

-  But the question is:

How did the Hmong 12 last names split into 18?

Or:

It is 9 last name split into 18?

If, it is true that Hmong have 9 last names and split it into 18 last name.  Then it match the history of Hmong called "Xeem Xais" (Xeng Xai).  And the Chinese history "King Chiyou" (Vaj Txivyawg) who have/lead 9 clan/group of people.

In the Hmong history of Xeng Xai told that there was a king who have 9 kids.  And these 9 kids, six kids was born with each different mother, and the last three kids was born with/by a/one mother.

If this is all true and match, then the year for King Chiyou about 5,000 B.C are all wrong.  It is a idea to brain wash the Hmong, so we lost and can't trace our own history.

In our Hmong year after the Great Flood or the "Flood of the World," it only has been 3,000 years.

All of these years in a breaking into this:

2,000 years for Jesus Christ.

2,500 years for Buddha (Phabphuvthojcaub).

-  And the missing 500 years is for the Hmong, that is when we (Hmong) lost our power.

-  And that is when the King Xeng Xai give his power to the Buddha and that starting from then.

All of these saying is done by a research of all of Hmong history and prophecy.  And the end the puzzle seem like it match, and the Chinese history about King Chiyou 5,000 B.C were all wrong in date/time.

In the Hmong history, Mongolia was our homeland, that is where our ancestors came from.

Maybe we (Mongol) were in mix with the Han, like this:

Han + Mongol = Hmong

In our Hmong history, we, the Hmong Daw (Dawb) do believe that Hmong Leng (Lees) are our ancestor.  And they are called "Mong," not "Hmong."

In our Hmong history, the Chinese (Han) are (were) hatred us so much (they even have a statue saying that they will step in us 'hmong' forever).  But in Chinese history, the nation they hatred the most is Mongol.

Believe it or not, but we all can see that in the Chinese movie or drama.

But, maybe, we are the father of Mongol and the mother of Han.  So, in the end, both of these nation (Chinese and Mongol) can not accept us, like we are the mixing people (menyuam TSAUB).  That's how Hmong are/like, we hatred the mixing kind.

Sorry for all of my grammar, I'm not that good in English.

Anyone, who read this, believe it or not, you will have to do all the research like me to know.  But to me, I believe in Hmong first, then the others later.

Peace,

KoobPheej,

I admired your explanations but now I'm confuse the theory of our hmong.....hahaha?  I once read a book written by Dr. Yang Dao
about when the entire world(earth)was flooded and human was created. I'm not saying that you were wrong but both stories make
good sense though. So which is which?

"I believe all hmong in China were label as rebels" History probably not tell the whole truth but like you mentioned above...research
and puzzle it up everything back on will give us a hint or a start. I like to thank your researched and your times. This is important!!

Koobpheej

Koobpheej

Neeg Nruab Nrab

• Senior Consultant
  • 8,214 posts
Excellent
Tub Soj Ntsuam,

Thanks for supported me.  There are more that I wants to talk about.  But, it will easier if I talk in Hmong.  I will post a topic about this threat some other time.

View PostTub Soj Ntsuam, on Sep 21 2009, 01:47 AM, said:

KoobPheej,

I admired your explanations but now I'm confuse the theory of our hmong.....hahaha?  I once read a book written by Dr. Yang Dao
about when the entire world(earth)was flooded and human was created. I'm not saying that you were wrong but both stories make
good sense though. So which is which?

"I believe all hmong in China were label as rebels" History probably not tell the whole truth but like you mentioned above...research
and puzzle it up everything back on will give us a hint or a start. I like to thank your researched and your times. This is important!!

Tub Soj Ntsuam

Tub Soj Ntsuam

• Members
  • 3,357 posts
Good

View PostKoobpheej, on Sep 21 2009, 09:46 PM, said:

Tub Soj Ntsuam,

Thanks for supported me.  There are more that I wants to talk about.  But, it will easier if I talk in Hmong.  I will post a topic about this threat some other time.

Koob Pheej,

You're welcome. Yes,go ahead and write it in Hmong. Thaum twg koj muaj sij hawm no ces tuaj post nawb es peb sawv daws thiaj tau nyeem.
Ua tsaug.

peebzeej

peebzeej

• Members
  • 16 posts
Neutral

View PostGuest, on Sep 20 2009, 01:00 PM, said:

I must concur with this theory. I heard the surnames were Mandarin in origin, hence the similar pronunciation of "xeem" and the Mandarin word for surname "xing". I talked with Chinese people and they told me that surnames and patriarchy came from the north. Sino-tibetan/Mandarin are also from the north too.

The Mandarin speaking Chinese imposition of surnames to Hmongs is a very very plausible theory.

Bawg Kub

Bawg Kub

• Members
  • 45 posts
Neutral
Let try tis question.

How many hmong clans out of the current 18 clans were the original Hmong clans?

Cha, Cheng, Chue, Fang, Hang, Her, Khang, Kong, Kue, Lee, Lor, Moua, Pha, Thao, Vang, Vue, Xiong and Yang

Bawg Kub